The Konzerthaus Freiburg uses 100% green energy from the city’s energy provider badenova and from our own photovoltaic installation on the roof. The carbon-controlled regulation of the ventilation in the Rolf Böhme Saal contributes to further reducing energy consumption. The foyers and orchestra lighting already use the latest LED technology.
The central location right opposite Freiburg’s main train station in the city centre ensures guests and event planners can arrive via an environmentally friendly journey on public transport. With great value combi ticket offers, we’re able to provide targeted incentives:
- The event ticket from Deutsche Bahn using 100% green energy.
- The congress ticket in partnership with the Regio-Verkehrsverbund Freiburg (RVF), which comprises 20 city and regional transport companies. The congress ticket (attendance pass) entitles you to free use of public transport.
- Freiburg is a cyclist’s city. The Freiburg bike sharing scheme "Frelo" has been available since 2019, set up as a collaboration between the city of Freiburg and Freiburger Verkehrs AG. There is a Frelo rental station right in front of the Konzerthaus.
With its large event venues, including the Konzerthaus Freiburg conference centre, the city is setting a good example. We use almost 100% recycled paper and have served food and drinks at events in public spaces exclusively using reusable tableware since 1991. It’s a service that our guests really appreciate.
Despite the sustainability concept, waste cannot be avoided altogether. Since 2005, residual waste whose materials cannot be recycled has been disposed of at the regional Thermischen Restabfallbehandlungs- und Energieerzeugungsanlage (TREA – Non-Recyclable Waste Incineration and Energy Generation Plant). Energy and heat are generated during the combustion process, which goes towards providing currently around 30,000 homes with power. At the same time, a total of 12,200 MWh of heat has been produced under contract every year since the middle of 2016.
Our measures at a glance:
- 100% green energy
- Photovoltaic installation with 60 kWp
- Carbon-controlled regulation of the ventilation system in the Rolf Böhme Saal to help reduce energy consumption
- Gradual switch to LED technology in all areas
- Participation in fairpflichtet (voluntary commitment of the events industry) www.fairpflichtet.de
- No single-use tableware